[webkit-gtk] WebkitGtk or Webkit2Gtk?

Martin Robinson mrobinson at webkit.org
Sun Apr 8 22:33:45 PDT 2012

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 8:52 PM, Wangsheng Mei <hairroot at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am quite new to webkit,  I have already ported webkit to gtk and started
> to write testing code.
> My question is , Should I use webkitgtk or webkit2gtk?
> Is there resource comparing the two apis?

The WebKit2 API is still unstable and will likely change. The next stable
series (whatever comes after 1.8.x) will feature a stable WebKit2 API. The
decision about whether to use WebKit2 or WebKit1 depends on when you plan
to release you application and what distributions/releases you are
targeting, if any.

--Martin