[webkit-gtk] WK2: Adapting the Policy Decision Framework for Geolocation

Mario Sanchez Prada msanchez at igalia.com
Wed Apr 4 02:24:39 PDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-04-03 at 17:47 +0200, Carlos Garcia Campos wrote:
> [...]
> > Here is where you lose me. It is possible that geolocation requests do
> > not fit into the policy decision framework, but not because of this
> > issue. I say this because the issue already existed with
> > WebKitNavigationPolicyDecision, WebKitNavigationPolicyDecision, the C
> > API and WebKit1. It's not a new thing. :)
>
> Yes, it's not a new thing, it's the first thing I said when I replied
> Mario, but Mario raised the existing issue and he is proposing ways to
> solve it while adding the geolocation API.
> I agree that it's not enough reason to not try to integrate the
> geolocation policy API into the existing policy-decision framework.

Yeah, I agree... but as I already mentioned in my last mail in this
thread, I kinda lean towards the idea of not integrating this very
specific kind of request with the policy decision framework, something
that doesn't seem to be the most popular option here :-)

So, and sorry for turning the whole thing upside down, would you mind
elaborating a bit more on why you think so strongly that we should
integrate it there?

Perhaps I'm missing something and such an explanation could help, I
think, to get some consensus :-)

Thank you all for your valuable feedback,
Mario