[webkit-gtk] WK2: Adapting the Policy Decision Framework for Geolocation

Carlos Garcia Campos cgarcia at igalia.com
Mon Apr 2 02:55:54 PDT 2012

El lun, 02-04-2012 a las 11:45 +0200, Mario Sanchez Prada escribió:
> On Mon, 2012-04-02 at 10:39 +0200, Carlos Garcia Campos wrote:

> I agree in the conceptual thing too, though. I'm attaching a new UML
> diagram reflecting your proposal to make sure we all are aware what
> we're talking about.

Yes, that diagram reflects my proposal.

> For the sake of the discussions, in order of preference I'd do:
>
>   1. Implement "Option 1", with Carlos's suggestion of making
>      WebKitPolicyDecision an interface (see attachment)
>
>   2. Implement Geolocation permission requests completely out of the
>      policy decisions framework (see paragraph above), as in WK1.
>
>   3. Implement "Option 2", either by doing it "the overengineered
>      way" (see previous mail) or following Carlos's suggestion in his
>      previous mail to do it simpler.

Geolocation request has only accept/reject, so I don't think it's that
different, we could handle it with a single policy framework using
current decide-policy signal, so I would avoid option 2 if possible. And
regarding 1 and 3, either one is fine with me, but maybe 1 would be
better in the future if more policy decisions are added.

> Problem is that, as far as I know, Martin's preferred order is exactly
> the opposite (3 -> 2 -> 1) so we have a conflict here that must be
> resolved somehow :-)

It would be great to hear more opinions then.

> Perhaps it's just another clue telling us that (2) is the right one?

No. :-)

--
Carlos Garcia Campos
http://pgp.rediris.es:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xF3D322D0EC4582C3