[webkit-gtk] WebKitGTK+ Release Policy and Schedule

Martin Robinson mrobinson at webkit.org
Mon Sep 26 08:37:22 PDT 2011

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 5:57 AM, Xan Lopez <xan at gnome.org> wrote:
> A number of people, both from inside and outside the WebKitGTK+
> community, have recently asked about our release policies and
> schedules. We have explained them a number of times already, in this
> list and elsewhere, but clearly we should do a better job about it
> since we are failing to get the message across. In this mail I'll try
> to briefly state why we do what we do and clearly indicate the
> schedule we plan to follow in the future. If, after debate, there's no
> strong objections we'll put a summary of this at webkitgtk.org.

I've posted a slightly modified version here:
https://trac.webkit.org/wiki/WebKitGTKStableReleases. I think it's
great that we are finally codifying our release policies. We should
also fill up that page with instructions for actually making a
release. :)

Last cycle we were the only ones testing the 1.4.x branch before
release. I'm definitely in favor of getting the 1.6.x and 1.8.x
releases out in as 1.7.9x and 1.9.9x.