[webkit-gtk] No images on Windows, just wireframes

Emmanuel Rodriguez emmanuel.rodriguez at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 22:06:40 PDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 23:19, Matthew Talbert <ransom1982 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> A proper file URL on Windows involves three leading slashes. Does
>> something like this work?
>> file:///D:/Program%20Files/Viewer/startup.htm
>>
>> --Martin
>
> No. I've tried every variation that I can think of, including some odd
> ones like file:///D|/ which I saw various places online.

How about trying something completely different. WebKitGtk uses
libsoup and libsoup allows you to setup a webserver quite easily.
Instead of serving the URLS through the file protocol why don't you
serve them through http:// with a private webserver that only your
application know's about the port?

--
Emmanuel Rodriguez