[webkit-gtk] "Toos/Scripts/build-webkit --gtk --debug" is very much memory-consuming

Joe Yu Joe.Yu at arm.com
Wed Nov 30 00:12:11 PST 2011

Hi,

I’m a newbie for WebKit. I ‘git clone’-ed the master branch from git.webkit.org/WebKit.git and tried to build it for Gtk+. My build command was simply:

  "Toos/Scripts/build-webkit --gtk --debug".

But I found it was always stuck at the following step:

        /bin/mkdir libwebkitgtk-3.0.la
        CXXLD libwebkitgtk-3.0.la
        CXXLD libwebkit2gtk-3.0.la
        CXXLD Programs/WebKitPluginProcess

My 64-bit oneiric almost didn't respond. I checked my system monitor and found three ld processes have consumed all my 4GB memory and 4.3GB swap. Is that a problem with the build system? Or I have to install more SDRAM?

Thanks,
Joe

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.  Thank you.