[webkit-gtk] How to connect SoupMessage signals from "resource-request-starting" ?

Gustavo Noronha Silva gns at gnome.org
Mon May 16 06:04:13 PDT 2011

Hey,

On Sun, 2011-05-15 at 23:44 +0200, Emmanuel Rodriguez wrote:
> I though that I could achieve this by connecting to the "finished"
> signal that SoupMessage exposes in order to track when the http
> request was finished but this doesn't work as the signal is never
> fired.

Unforunately you can't. The SoupMessage provided in
resource-request-starting is for information only and you cannot assume
it is the same that is going to be sent to the server. You can poke its
headers and adjust other things, and those changes will be kept and
propagated to the message that ends up being sent, but connecting to
signals won't work unfortunately.

That is something we would like to improve on, but for now is what we
got. So your best bet is using SoupSession's signals instead.

Cheers,

--
Gustavo Noronha Silva <gns at gnome.org>
GNOME Project