[webkit-gtk] ABI compatibility between releases

Gavin Lambert gavinl at compacsort.com
Thu May 12 20:57:51 PDT 2011

Quoth Gustavo Noronha Silva:
> WebKitGTK+ 1.2.x is parallel installable with WebKitGTK+ 1.4.x, so the
> same thing you're talking about above applies to WebKitGTK+. You can
> still run applications that use WebKitGTK+ 1.2.x, you just need to keep
> shipping it.

Are you sure about that?  Admittedly I'm a newbie at figuring out the whole
packaging thing, so I could be mistaken, but it looks like the current bits
in the SVN 1.4 branch have the same WEBKITGTK_API_VERSION and thus want to
install to /usr[/local]/webkit-1.0/*, just like 1.1.x/1.2.x did.  Doesn't
that make them *not* parallel installable?