[webkit-gtk] 1.4.1 - CLOSE_WAIT

Marco Peereboom slash at peereboom.us
Wed Jun 29 16:27:30 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 04:23:00PM -0700, Martin Robinson wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 2:43 PM, Marco Peereboom <slash at peereboom.us> wrote:
>
> > This is with the webkit 1.4.1 snapshot with web sockets enabled. ??By
> > default xxxterm sets max-conns to 25 and max-conns-per-host to 5. ??When
> > webkit doesn't crash I see as many as 119 connections to port 80 in
> > various states (TIME_WAIT, ESTABLISHED, CLOSED_WAIT, SYN_SENT etc).
> > After a while the connections drop to 47 and are all in
> > ESTABLISHED_STATE. ??This number is obviously much higher than the limit
> > that is set to 25. ??With webit 1.2.7 I don't see this behavior.
>
> Do you mind confirming whether this behavior persists with WebSockets disabled?

Nope not at all.  I have toyed but do not have a detailed report.  My
non-scientific test was "better" but not gone.  For example the
CLOSED_WAIT number seems to be gone completely but it still breaches the
max-conns setting and I see similar crashes.  I will do the build and
generate an actual report.