[webkit-gtk] Handling "create-plugin-widget" signal

Dan Vratil dvratil at redhat.com
Thu Jun 23 11:06:49 PDT 2011

Hello,

I recently took over Matthew Barnes' job of porting Evolution from
GtkHTML to WebKit and I run into same problem Matt did a year ago [1] -
when I return a GtkWidget from 'create-plugin-widget' signal handler,
the web view contains an allocated space of correct size , but the
widget is not visible.

The discussion back then ends without any working solution and Matt
didn't found any way around that too, thus I'm asking for some advice. I
think I'm doing everything correctly (at least according to
documentation :)), so the problem might be in WebKit. It could be
somewhere in drawing the widget, because when I listen to widget's
"notify" signal, it is correctly resized and "visibile" is set TRUE.

Thanks

Dan Vratil

[1]http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/webkit-gtk/2010-April/000195.html
[2]http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/webkit-gtk/2010-April/000201.html