[webkit-gtk] Alpha channel problem in pixel-tests.

Young Han Lee joybro at company100.net
Tue Jun 14 09:56:43 PDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 1:40 AM, Martin Robinson <mrobinson at webkit.org>wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 6:01 AM, Young Han Lee <joybro at company100.net>
> wrote:
> > Hi Martin,
> > What 'compositing' did you mean? accelerated compositing?
> > AFAIK, the Gtk port doesn't support it yet.
> > I built the test binary without any additional enable-option, like this;
> > "./Tools/Scripts/build-webkit --gtk"
> > It sounds like that the Gtk port cannot run pixel-tests now, and needs
> some
> > patch for that..
> > Yep, I think it's time to dig into DumpRenderTree.
>
> By compositing I mean compositing on your desktop. Are you running
> metacity or compiz?

 compiz, because it is the default on ubuntu 10.10 as far as I know.

WebKitGTK+ should support pixel tests already, but please feel free to
> continue to investigate! I'm curious what's going wrong in your case.

I figured out that createBitmapContextFromWebView() is causing this problem
on my system.
The pixmap snapshoted from the webview widget has 24-depth, and this
eventually causes cairo making a png file has RGB color, not RGBA.

But I don't think the widget need to have an alpha channel to solve this
problem. How about converting the pixmap to 32-depth before making
image-surface from it? Although I don't know how to do it, now :P