[webkit-gtk] Problem with webkit_web_view_new with gtk port

Monil Parmar monil.parmar at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 20:44:50 PST 2011

yes as per current design webkit_web_view_new should be with gtk_mail. But
what is reason behind this?

 Just brief about the scenario iam running:
As in application gtk_main will be called at the start. And later on
application will parse the html tags and create the webveiw in another
thread.
So looking for any way to create webview in gtk_main loop.

I tried to use the gdk threads and g_signal_connect to put the create the
webview in gtk_main thread, but no success.
Idea was by call back function of g_signal_connect ill be able to create the
webview in gtk_main loop.
Initially i put gtk_main in different thread. Then by g_singal_connect i
tried to create webview in call back function.

But no success. So still looking for any alternate way to achive this.