[webkit-gtk] Problem with webkit_web_view_new with gtk port

Gustavo Noronha Silva gns at gnome.org
Mon Jan 31 03:59:40 PST 2011

On Mon, 2011-01-31 at 15:43 +0530, Monil Parmar wrote:
> Iam running gtk launcher with, gtk_main in other thread. Results in
> gtklauncher is not working.
> when iam moving "webkit_web_view_new()" function to gtk_main thread.
> It works fine.
> Can any one tell me the reason behind this and what is the alternate
> solution for that.

WebKitGTK+ uses the GTK+ main loop, so it needs to be in the same thread
as the GTK+ main loop (in fact, preferably the main thread!), or it will
break horribly.

You should really not use WebKitGTK+ or GTK+ with threads, really - try
to use the main loop instead.

Cheers,

--
Gustavo Noronha Silva <gns at gnome.org>