[webkit-gtk] DLL Hell building Linux distro independent WebKit

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.fremont.ca.us
Mon Dec 26 23:58:01 PST 2011

On Dec 26, 2011, at 4:03 PM, Andrew Wood wrote:

> thanks john that looks like it might be the answer. ive started playing around with it.
> i was thinking it might be a good idea if we all collaboarated on this list to build a config file to build webkit which we could then make available on the website to everyone, after all being able to easily build a self contained webkit must be useful to lots of others not just me?

WebKit is already supported in the modulesets that come with jhbuild. It's pretty easy (via the jhbuild customizations, see "configuration file" in the docs) to change the settings if the defaults that Fred likes don't work for you -- but he's spent a lot of time with it, so  be sure to try his defaults first. I doubt that there's much need to collaborate on a config file, but if enough folks think that the defaults need to be different, talk to Fred on his list.

(And, for a shameless plug, if you're building WebKit for quartz and don't like the gtk-osx defaults, talk to me on my list, gtk-osx-users-list).

Regards,
John Ralls