[webkit-gtk] Replace default error page

Martin Rösch roscmar at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 06:15:14 PST 2011

Hi all,

I have implemented a small browser using webkitgtk 1.2.3 in an
embedded linux running on an ARM OMAP3 CPU. I'm using openembedded as
build environment.

I tried to replace the default error page by connecting to the
"load-error" signal and do a webkit_web_view_load_uri call to a local
html file. The handler looks like this:
gboolean on_load_error(WebKitWebView  *web_view,
                       WebKitWebFrame *web_frame,
                       gchar          *uri,
                       gpointer        web_error,
                       gpointer        user_data)
{
	g_debug("load-error: %s", uri);
	webkit_web_view_stop_loading(web_view);
	webkit_web_view_load_uri(WEBKIT_WEB_VIEW (web_view),
"file://"DATADIR"/start.html");
	return TRUE;
}

When a load-error occurs the local file is displayed and everything is
fine for about 15-20 mins. After that period, the handler gets called
(with the uri set to the local file) hundreds of times immediately and
every second afterwards until all memory is used up.
It seems to me, that the load error is not cancelled correctly, and never will.

I think I have made a mistake in the handler. But I haven't found any
more information on that topic and I hope you can help me.

Greetings,

Martin