[webkit-gtk] Resizing issue

Eric Gregory eric at yorba.org
Tue Dec 20 15:17:57 PST 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to develop an application that uses multiple WebKit WebViews in
a GtkBox.

Problem is, when I stretch out the window, the WebViews expand their
height, but don't shrink when the content no longer needs the height.  In
other words, if you make the window really narrow horizontally and then
make it wide, the WebViews have a lot of unnecessary whitespace at the
bottom.

If I replace the WebViews with Gtk Boxes or Frames, those widgets don't
have this problem.

If it makes a difference, I'm using WebKit-Gtk 1.6.1 on Ubuntu Oneiric, the
program is in Vala.

Any ideas as to what's going or how to fix this?

 - Eric