[webkit-gtk] Using V8 as the JavaScript engine in Epiphany

Ryan Oram ryan at infinityos.net
Fri May 28 22:25:54 PDT 2010

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 12:19 AM, Ryan Oram <ryan at infinityos.net> wrote:
> Just checked. None of these issues exist in Safari 4.0.5 or WebKit
> r60376 on Mac OS X.

I just checked on Konqueror 4.3.2 using both KHTML and Webkit. None of
the issues did not pop up there either. These were the default builds
included with Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic.

I guess this is a WebKitGTK+ problem and not a general WebKit problem.
However, it is still best to keep all the options on the table and
look into V8. ;)

BTW despite thse issues I still use Epiphany and WebKitGTK+ for my
day-to-day browsing as it is considerably faster than Firefox and
considerably more stable than Chromium. Epiphany/WebKitGTK+ also
respects my DPI settings and anti-aliasing unlike either Firefox or
Chromium. It is for these reasons that I use Epiphany as my default
browser and it is also why Epiphany is the default browser in
infinityOS.

Thank you for your hard work,
Ryan