[webkit-gtk] download with webkit

Giovanni giovyemmanuel at hotmail.it
Fri May 28 12:01:49 PDT 2010

hi,
i apologize in advance for my poor english, i'm italian! :)
i have a problem with the download request of my browser written in c.

i tried to do what Deepak Mundra said but it doesn't work.

this is the code of the functions:

"//-------------funzione MIME--------------------//
gboolean permessi (WebKitWebView *web_view, WebKitWebFrame *frame,
WebKitNetworkRequest *request, gchar *mimetype, WebKitWebPolicyDecision
*policy_decision)
{
if (webkit_web_view_can_show_mime_type (WEBKIT_WEB_VIEW (web_view),mimetype))
        return FALSE;

webkit_web_policy_decision_download (policy_decision);
webkit_web_view_stop_loading (WEBKIT_WEB_VIEW (web_view));

return TRUE;
}

//-------------funzione download---------------//
gboolean download_func (WebKitWebView *web_view, WebKitDownload *download)
{
  webkit_download_set_destination_uri(download,"///home/john/Scaricati");
  webkit_download_start(download);

return TRUE;
}
"

and this is the error that the terminal says to me:
"** (prova:23976): CRITICAL **: void webkit_download_start(WebKitDownload*):
assertion `priv->timer == NULL' failed"

could you help me please?
thanks! :)