[webkit-gtk] how to download

Deepak Mundra deepak.m at allaboutif.com
Fri May 21 06:08:36 PDT 2010

Hi,

Please reply to all (mailing list) so that it will help other people
also in the list.

You can try adding following signals to your main webview

g_signal_connect (web_view, "mime-type-policy-decision-requested",
G_CALLBACK (mime_type_decision_cb), web_view);
g_signal_connect (web_view, "download-requested", G_CALLBACK
(download_request_cb), NULL);

in download_request_cb callback function add filechooser etc... and in
mime_type_decision_cb callback function  add code something like

if (webkit_web_view_can_show_mime_type (WEBKIT_WEB_VIEW (web_view),
mime_type))
        return FALSE;

webkit_web_policy_decision_download (decision);
webkit_web_view_stop_loading (WEBKIT_WEB_VIEW (web_view));

return TRUE;

this will send download-requested signal if web view cannot handle that MIME,