[webkit-gtk] possible solutions for local files on win32

Josip josip at pisoj.com
Fri Mar 19 13:39:35 PDT 2010

On 19.03.2010 15:08, Phil Longstaff wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-03-11 at 18:19 -0500, Phil Longstaff wrote:
>> On Tue, 2009-11-03 at 01:20 +0100, Josip wrote:
>>> Hi again!
>>> Found some possible solutions for those who have problems with local
>>> files on win32 due to mime-share-info misconfiguration or missing
>>> dependencies etc.
>>> As g_file_info_get_content_type() returns just file extension (like
>>> ".html") and win32 use those to determine mime type can we use
>>> g_content_type_get_mime_type() on them like in attachment.
>>> It works for me, load html files (with right encoding), images etc...
>>> Or should we rather check for return type on runtime and use those if
>>> returned type is file extension (in case some really have full working
>>> version)?
>>
>> OK, I downloaded shared-mime-info and moved update-mime-database.exe and
>> the share/mime directory to my project.  I then ran
>> update-mime-database.  How do I ensure that webkit can find the database
>> and use it?
>
> Is there someone who can help with this?
>
> Josip wrote:
>> Thanks for help!
>>
>> I have installed libwebkit-1.0-2.dll and update-mime-database.exe(from
>> shared-mime-info-0.70) in directory C:\WebKitGTK-1.1.15.3\bin and put
>> their mime directory in C:\WebKitGTK-1.1.15.3\share
>>
>> Created environment variables:
>>   XDG_CONFIG_DIRS=C:\WebKitGTK-1.1.15.3\etc\xdg
>>   XDG_DATA_DIRS=C:\WebKitGTK-1.1.15.3\share
>>
>> Run:
>>   update-mime-database.exe C:\WebKitGTK-1.1.15.3\share\mime
>>
>> But local files still cant be opened. Did i miss something and what?
>>

> I tried this, and am using 1.1.22, but still don't see local files.  If I load the same html into firefox, it works fine.
>
> Phil

Hi Phil,
don't know what version you use but those mime stuff looks irrelevant
for me as windows handle mime types differently.

I build version 1.1.23 now and it works OK.
Build things from
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/windows:/mingw:/win32/openSUSE_11.2/
which don't works with local files but when rebuilded whit that patch
local files start working.

You can find binary and libs in:
http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/images/d/db/WebKitGTK-1.1.23-win32.zip
For any missing dependency extract one from rpms in first link.

Do anyone know the owners of that builbot and how to contact them (ask
them to include those litle patch also)?

--
Josip