[webkit-gtk] possible solutions for local files on win32

Jean-Philippe Chancelier jpc at cermics.enpc.fr
Wed Mar 3 05:47:50 PST 2010

    Phil> Jean-Philippe,
    Phil> I downloaded and installed your cross-compiler.
    Phil> How do you build webkit so that the mingw32 compiler
    Phil> is used and not my normal
    Phil> compiler?  I assume it is either setting up
    Phil> environment variables or
    Phil> options to the configure script.

    Hello Phil

    I first run the script given on my web page called: withmingw

    jpc at clio: source withmingw

    then, just to be sure, you check that the compiler is now the correct one:

jpc at clio: gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: i686-pc-mingw32 <---------------
Thread model: win32
gcc version 4.4.3 (GCC)

    then in webkit I use:

    ./configure --host=i686-pc-mingw32 --with-font-backend=pango --enable-video=no --with-target=win32

    you need to have pkg-config on your host since I haven't installed the
    mingw32 one. I just change the pkg-config search path in the withmingw script.

    And, of course, I then have some compilations pbs in various files (<=10)
    that were  already discusses in the mailing list.
    jpc