[webkit-gtk] Firing events like onchange

Xan xan.lopez at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 13:17:46 PDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 6:44 PM, Mesny Jonathan <mesny.jo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I need to fire some events like onchange for <select> elements, but I don't
> know how can I do it...
> I found methods like webkit_dom_document_create_event()
> or webkit_dom_event_init_event()
> but it seems there is no way to specify the event target.
> Getters like webkit_dom_event_get_target()
> or webkit_dom_event_get_src_element() exists but
> there is no setter in WebKitDOMEvent.h
> Can anyone help me ?
> Thanks.

The method to dispatch an event would be
webkit_dom_event_target_dispatch_event, which receives as its first
parameter the target of the event. Unfortunately I don't think this
whole thing is quite working just yet, I'm trying to fix the loose
ends as we speak. If you only want to trigger our own signal handlers
you can just manually emit the signal on the object, that should work
fine.