[webkit-gtk] color links which has already been visited (history)

Boris Bunker asdfgh2091 at yahoo.de
Wed Jul 14 12:49:32 PDT 2010

I am writing a little browser to browse local html files using webkit-gtk. When I restart the browser, I want it to color links which were visited in previous sessions. No problem I thought, save visited uris in a file, read them back and call

webkit_web_history_item_new_with_data(uri,title);

Put the links aren't coloured even though:

Quote from http://webkitgtk.org/reference/webkitgtk-WebKitWebHistoryItem.html:

The global history is used for coloring the links of visited sites. WebKitWebHistoryItem's constructed with webkit_web_history_item_new  and webkit_web_history_item_new_with_data  are automatically added to the global history.

Links visted in previous sessions aren't coloured in midori and epiphany either. They seem to have my problem too. They have even the problem to coordinate the histories of two tabs: Only links visited in the tab itself are coloured.
Webkit-gtk's cousins arora (webkit-qt) and chromium colour them. They don't have my problem. (Neither firefox nor ie)

Am I missing something here? Is this a bug or a feature? I don't want to load every page I have previously visited to get their links coloured.

I'm using ubuntu 10.04.

I hope you can understand my Deutsch-English and thanks for your work.

Yours
asdfgh2091