[webkit-gtk] confirmation of WebKitGTK 1.2 still planned for March

Xan xan.lopez at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 03:40:06 PST 2010

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 6:04 PM, Grant Gayed <Grant_Gayed at ca.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In the release notes for WebKitGTK 1.1.15 it says that WebKitGTK 1.2 will be
> ready in time for Gnome 2.3/3.0 in March 2010.  Can someone confirm that
> this date still stands now that Gnome 3.0 has slipped to September 2010
> (though Gnome 2.3 will still be in March 2010)?  It's quite important for
> eclipse's potential use of WebKitGTK that an API-stable version of it be
> available by March.

Hi (and sorry for the delay answering!),

yes, this is still the plan. FWIW, we have basically done zero
incompatible changes to the APIs in the whole 1.1.x cycle save for a
couple things that were basically broken (and that nobody could have
been using at all). So, it's pretty safe to start using WebKitGTK+
already, and you can be reasonably sure that the API will be the same
between now and 1.2.0 (but please don't use deprecated functions!).

Cheers,

Xan