[webkit-gtk] can libgail be enbaled/disabled at build time.

Xan xan.lopez at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 07:36:30 PST 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 5:28 PM, haithem rahmani
<haithem.rahmani at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm running WebKitGtk on top of gtk+-2.0/directfb,
> but since a while WebKitGtk starts to use the libgail,which unfortunately
> does not support directfb as backend. I was obliged to disable the code
> using
> the libgail as well the check for it in the "configure.ac" manually , but
> this It's not practical when synchronising with webkit-svn.
> so is it possible to protect the code using the libgail api with a
> build-time flag ?

We use libgailutil, not libgail, which does not really depend on any
backend and that, AFAIK, should be always installed in your system, at
least when using recent-enough GTK+s. In any case what could be done
is to actually support disabling accessibility support, which would
also remove the libgailutil dependency; patches welcome!

Xan