[webkit-gtk] Status of the glib unicode backend in webkit

Gustavo Noronha Silva gns at gnome.org
Fri Dec 10 02:14:13 PST 2010

Great work =)

On Tue, 2010-11-02 at 14:39 +0100, Carlos Garcia Campos wrote:
>  - Summarizing:
>
> Most of the test cases that are failing are corner cases or bugs in
> pango/glib. We would need to measure times to know whether performance
> is actually an important issue or not. So, maybe it's not ready to
> switch to glib unicode backend by default, but we can probably remove
> the message that says it's slow and incomplete. Or we could try to make
> it default and see what happens.

Do we want to make it default? I for one don't care too much about
having ICU as a dependency, specially given that means we share the
exact same implementation the big ports use. Although I do support
having the glib backend as an option, making it the default was
something I never really considered a goal.

--
Gustavo Noronha Silva <gns at gnome.org>
GNOME Project