[webkit-gtk] http://themaninblue.com/experiment/AnimationBenchmark/canvas/ and GTK+ drawing starvation

Gustavo Noronha Silva gns at gnome.org
Thu Aug 12 16:55:31 PDT 2010

Hey,

Martin gave me this URL:

	http://themaninblue.com/experiment/AnimationBenchmark/canvas/

What makes that site not "load" is not the scrollbars problem - I
suspect the problem is the GTK+ drawing idle being starved. The page
_is_ loading, and the canvas animation _is_ happening, but it takes up
so much time doing it that the main loop is never idle. I was kind of
aware this might happen one day, because of these:

	http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/56055
	http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/56053

We can try lowering that normalized priority to be the same as the GTK+
drawing one, I believe that was what Benjamin suggested at the time. I
never changed it because it was working with everything I threw at it. I
think we just found our best test case, though =D

Cheers,

--
Gustavo Noronha Silva <gns at gnome.org>
GNOME Project