[webkit-gtk] Handling "create-plugin-widget" signals

Matthew Barnes mbarnes at redhat.com
Mon Apr 12 04:38:25 PDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-04-10 at 18:28 -0500, Diego Escalante Urrelo wrote:
> Not a big help but I've been bitten by the same bug. Sometimes the
> widget pops when you trigger an scroll event, or resize the WebView so
> it requires scrollbars.
> I /think/ it's filled somewhere but I don't remember.

I've since observed something similar.  Evolution packs the web view
inside a GtkPaned widget, and users can change the pane orientation on
the fly by selecting between what we call "Classic" vs "Vertical" view.

Doing so reveals the embedded widgets, so I've come to the conclusion
that my own code is correct.  I haven't tried resizing yet; I'll give
that a shot next.

Xan suggested calling gtk_widget_queue_resize() after the web view
finishes loading, but that doesn't seem to be a swift enough kick.
Perhaps gtk_widget_queue_draw()?

I'll play around with it more and note my results here for posterity.

Matthew Barnes