[webkit-gtk] Call for help: webkit-gtk javascript runner on libproxy

Dominique Leuenberger Dominique.Leuenberger at TMF-Group.com
Mon Nov 9 09:24:00 PST 2009

Hello hackers,

As many of you are certainly aware, libproxy [0] has support for the webkit javascript backend in order to do the pac (proxy autoconfiguration file)
parsing.
This works generally ok, but we see all over the places cases where the library segfaults when using the pacrunner_webkit (we also have
pacrunner_mozjs which does not show this behaviour).

It seems we as the libproxy authors are missing a small inside view to the javascript handler of webkit and would like to make a call for help from
the source: YOU.

Could anybody of you please have a look at our implementation of pacrunner_webkit [1], and maybe find why it's so 'crashy'? the libproxy svn source
contains a test suite that can has one test targeted exactly at this.
The crash happens most often when the javascript contains some errors, but a user could report / reproduce on an error free .pac file as well.

[0] http://code.google.com/p/libproxy/
[1] http://code.google.com/p/libproxy/source/browse/trunk/src/modules/pacrunner_webkit.c

thank you very much for your support! The stability of libproxy can be essential for webkit as well: many gnome applications are based on libproxy
9via libsoup) now. The fact that the amount of 'reports' is rather low is just due to the fact that .pac and wpad are not that wide spread (except in
corporations, where gnome 2.28 is not yet I guesS).

Dominique