[webkit-gtk] Video playback with webkit gstreamer

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Wed Dec 2 05:32:02 PST 2009

Philippe Normand wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 04:01 -0800, Michael A. Peters wrote:
>> Philippe Normand wrote:

>>> Can you give a link of the page you try to load?
>>>
>> sure - ignore the incorrect border dimensions around media, that's a div
>> around the media and is currently sent up for flowplayer (what I'm
>> currently using as default on production) - this sample page is from my
>> devel box which uses html5 media as default in code it spits out.
>>
>> Audio does not play, video only shows poster.
>>
>> I suspect it is the current ubuntu jaunty webkit build and not a problem
>> with current webkit devel source.
>>
>> http://www.shastaherps.org/sampleHTML5.html#multimedia
>>

> Well without the controls patch merged you either have to use the
> autoplay attribute or the javascript API to trigger playback when a
> button is pressed.
>
> Sorry about that :/

Not a problem - I won't be ready to default to html5 media on the site
until Firefox fixes their bug with short media clips (they frequently
skip) anyway, and was actually thinking of defaulting to a javascript
control bar so that I can define the height - it seems that when using
built in control bar, width can be controlled but height is up to
browser (and they differ, chromes is taller that firefox's for example)

I've been extremely impressed with webkit browsers on Linux, they rock -
fast and standards compliant.