[webkit-gtk] Video playback with webkit gstreamer

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Wed Dec 2 04:01:16 PST 2009

Philippe Normand wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 02:40 -0800, Michael A. Peters wrote:
>> anil v wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>   I have ported webkitGtk on to Ubuntu Linux with video enabled (
>>> gstreamer installed ). How to call play the video using gstreamer on
>>> WebkitGtk ? Could any one suggest me ?
>> I can't answer your question but the packaged binaries (at least on
>> jaunty) are getting closer.
>>
>> Via the html5 media tags, epiphany / midori will now display the
>> specified poster but do not yet play media,
>
> Can you give a link of the page you try to load?

sure - ignore the incorrect border dimensions around media, that's a div
around the media and is currently sent up for flowplayer (what I'm
currently using as default on production) - this sample page is from my
devel box which uses html5 media as default in code it spits out.

Audio does not play, video only shows poster.

I suspect it is the current ubuntu jaunty webkit build and not a problem
with current webkit devel source.

http://www.shastaherps.org/sampleHTML5.html#multimedia

-=-
Midori -