[webkit-gtk] cross compiling for MIPS

Jakub Probola jakubprobola at post.pl
Wed Aug 26 14:21:48 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to cross compile webkit-gtk for MIPSle architecture and I'm
stuck with one problem during compilation.
I downloaded sources from www.webkitgtk.org, used
/configure --prefix=/opt/usr/lib --with-target=directfb
--host=mipsel-linux-gnu --with-gnu-ld
CC=/opt/tuxbuilder-1.0/mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu/cross/bin/mipsel-unknown-li
nux-gnu-gcc

and during compilation I got this:

/usr/bin/ld:
WebKit/gtk/webkit/.libs/libwebkit_1_0_la-webkitsoupauthdialog.o:
Relocations in generic ELF (EM: 8)
/usr/bin/ld:
WebKit/gtk/webkit/.libs/libwebkit_1_0_la-webkitsoupauthdialog.o:
Relocations in generic ELF (EM: 8)
/usr/bin/ld:
WebKit/gtk/webkit/.libs/libwebkit_1_0_la-webkitsoupauthdialog.o:
Relocations in generic ELF (EM: 8)
WebKit/gtk/webkit/.libs/libwebkit_1_0_la-webkitsoupauthdialog.o: could not
read symbols: File in wrong format
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

This behaviour occurs for both versions I tried: 1.1.12 and 1.1.13.
I know that this error maybe caused by compilation done previously... but
the compilation is clean and I've never compiled these sources for other
than MIPS architecture.

I would appreciate a help or any hint that could move me forward with this.

Thanks in advance for answering and regards,
Jakub