[webkit-efl] Moving the EFL WebKit2 public APIs to outside WebKit2 directory

Dominik Röttsches dominik.rottsches at intel.com
Wed Jan 23 00:30:51 PST 2013

Hi again,

I've gone back to thinking that moving files out of this directory is an
attempt to modify, if not work around the review policy.
Thinking this forward in a slightly exaggerated way: What stops Apple
Reviewers from putting an Owners file into any directory that builds on
top of Wk2 API.
What I want to illustrate: Our aim is to have an easier time getting
reviews for Wk2 EFL specific patches - so, I'd say:

1) Let's go back and discuss this with Apple reviewers - can we relax
the policy for the subdirectories? And looking at it from the other way:
What does it gain us to expedite reviews at the cost of losing
experienced WebKit2 reviewers feedback?
2) Is it really going to be such a bottleneck to work inside the Wk2/
directory? - In my experience, an informal review + a final review from
one of the Owners doesn't take unbearably long. It's maybe one day
longer than landing things in platform/graphics/cairo or
platform/network/soup where I can receive fast reviews from GTK people
for example. - What is your experience, what are the examples of having
been significantly blocked?
3) For red bots we have TestExpectations files where we can mark tests
as failing and address the underlying issue.

Currently, I don't think it's a good idea to do such a move. In the end,
I believe we are more productive when cooperating with Apple reviewers,
not work around them.

Dominik