[webkit-efl] Moving the EFL WebKit2 public APIs to outside WebKit2 directory

Thiago Marcos P. Santos tmpsantos at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 08:48:33 PST 2013

Hi Ewkitters,

The recent changes on the reviewing policy for the code located inside
Source/WebKit2 directory has been affecting the speed of how the EFL
port moves forward. The additional burden for the WebKit2 Owners to
review code from all the the ports has obviously its implications. We
have red bots for days because of pending patches.

We can minimize this overhead and let the WebKit2 Owners focus on
reviewing the core components by moving the EFL WK2 public API and
unit tests to outside the Source/WebKit2 directory. The best place I
see would be Source/Platform/efl, which will be consistent with how
the Chromium API files are placed inside the WebKit tree.

This is the directory structure I'm proposing (using Chromium as role model):

Source/WebKit2/UIProcess/API/efl/ (public headers) -> Source/Platform/efl/public
Source/WebKit2/UIProcess/API/efl/ (the rest) -> Source/Platform/efl/src

Note that we are initially moving _only_ the API and utests. Other
things, which are probably 5% of what is left of EFL code, can be
moved later if needed.

Comments anyone? I'm volunteering myself for the task.

Cheers,