[webkit-efl] Building on CentOS 6.3?

Daniel Robinson dgrobinson at dgrobinson.com
Thu Feb 7 15:44:12 PST 2013

My build command is ./Tools/Scripts/build-webkit --efl

Error is

CMake Error at
/usr/local/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:97
(message):
  Could NOT find LibSoup: Found unsuitable version "2.28.2", but required is
  at least "2.39.4.1" (found /usr/local/include/libsoup-2.4)
Call Stack (most recent call first):

/usr/local/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:289
(_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  Source/cmake/FindLibSoup.cmake:51 (FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
  Source/cmake/OptionsEfl.cmake:28 (find_package)
  CMakeLists.txt:148 (include)

This is a very vanilla operation that succeeds on my Ubuntu 12.04 machine,
but not on the CentOS 6.3 machine.

While the error above was for libsoup, I note that several packages, e.g.,
glibc, were not found and I downloaded the, built them and installed them
in /usr/local.  On both machines, these packages are in
WebKitBuild/Dependencies/Source and installed in Root.

The version of CMake required is not met by the version installed from the
CentOS repository, so I downloaded and built that, installed it in
/usr/local.

pkg-config finds (as shown in the output from pkg-config) an acceptable
version of libsoup, but cmake doesn't use it.

[dgrobinson at kepler WebKit]$ pkg-config --libs libsoup-2.4
-L/usr/local/lib -lsoup-2.4 -lgio-2.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lglib-2.0

[dgrobinson at kepler WebKit]$ pkg-config --modversion libsoup-2.4
2.39.4.1

I'm not a cmake expert but it seems that there is a pathing problem with
it.  I've set every environment variable that I can find by googling.

My question is: is anyone using RedHat Enterprise or CentOS to build
WebKit/EFL?

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 3:25 PM, Thiago Marcos P. Santos <tmpsantos at gmail.com

--
daniel g. robinson