[webkit-efl] Why don't we use Eina_Bool in unit test when testing public APIs ?

Gyuyoung Kim gyuyoung at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 18:15:42 PDT 2012

>> I do have an strong opinion:  avoid using Eina_Bool whenever possible.
>> In EFL it's used only because of legacy code. For C code we can use
>> bool, that is C99 and 13 years old. For C++ we already have it for
>> granted.

Lucas, thank you for your good comment. Your comment helps to decide my
suggestion.
By the way, Is Eina_Bool deprecated in EFL? If EFL guide to avoid to use
Eina_Bool officially, it looks WebKit EFL port doesn't use Eina_Bool in
public API layer.

Anyway, let's use standard boolean type in unit test case from now on.

Cheers,
Gyuyoung.

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 1:22 AM, Lucas De Marchi <
lucas.demarchi at profusion.mobi> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 11:25 AM, Raphael Kubo da Costa
> <rakuco at webkit.org> wrote:
> > Gyuyoung Kim <gyuyoung at gmail.com> writes:
> >
> >> I'd like to listen EFL folks opinion. If there is no objection, I will
> add
> >> this to EFL coding style guidance.
> >
> > I don't personally have a strong opinion on this, but tend to favor the
> > approach of avoiding using Eina_Bool whenever possible.
>
> I do have an strong opinion:  avoid using Eina_Bool whenever possible.
> In EFL it's used only because of legacy code. For C code we can use
> bool, that is C99 and 13 years old. For C++ we already have it for
> granted.
>

> >> However, in my humble opinion, it would be good to use Eina_Bool in unit
> >> test when we test public APIs. Because EFL application will use
> Eina_Bool
> >> instead of standard boolean.
> >
> > That doesn't look like a very strong reason to me; the tests are not
> > part of the public API, so there should be no harm in using standard
> > bool types there.
>
> Indeed. Ack.
>

> Lucas De Marchi

Gyuyoung Kim