[webkit-efl] Why don't we use Eina_Bool in unit test when testing public APIs ?

Gyuyoung Kim gyuyoung at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 05:37:31 PDT 2012

Hi EFL folks,

I would like to discuss EINA_TRUE / FALSE usage in unit test. As you folks
know, we have used *standard boolean* type except for public API and efl
callback function.
However, in my humble opinion, it would be good to use Eina_Bool in unit
test when we test public APIs. Because EFL application will use Eina_Bool
instead of standard boolean.

Almost existing unit test cases are using Eina_Bool, for example, in
test_ewk2_view.cpp.

TEST_F(EWK2UnitTestBase, ewk_view_mouse_events_enabled)
{
    ASSERT_TRUE(ewk_view_mouse_events_enabled_set(webView(), EINA_TRUE));
    ASSERT_TRUE(ewk_view_mouse_events_enabled_get(webView()));

    ASSERT_TRUE(ewk_view_mouse_events_enabled_set(webView(), 2));
    ASSERT_TRUE(ewk_view_mouse_events_enabled_get(webView()));

    ASSERT_TRUE(ewk_view_mouse_events_enabled_set(webView(), EINA_FALSE));
    ASSERT_FALSE(ewk_view_mouse_events_enabled_get(webView()));
}

I'd like to listen EFL folks opinion. If there is no objection, I will add
this to EFL coding style guidance.

Cheers,

--
Gyuyoung Kim