[webkit-efl] Removing ewk_{init, shutdown}'s duplicated works with RunLoopEfl.cpp

Kangil Han kangil.han at samsung.com
Mon Sep 24 00:20:16 PDT 2012

I vote to ‘by contructing a view’!

From: Dumez, Christophe [mailto:christophe.dumez at intel.com]
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2012 4:07 PM
To: eunmi15.lee at samsung.com
Cc: 한강일; webkit-efl at lists.webkit.org
Subject: Re: Re: [webkit-efl] Removing ewk_{init, shutdown}'s duplicated
works with RunLoopEfl.cpp

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 9:12 AM, EunMi Lee <eunmi15.lee at samsung.com> wrote:
Dear Chris and webkit-efl folks,

I've got your point and we have no reason to rely on RunLoop to do the
initialization.
We just need "location" to do initialization for EFL.
I don't matter to use ewk_{init,shutdown} or RunLoop, but I don't want to
force applications to call ewk_{init, shutdown}.
In the WK1, applications should use ewk_{init, shutdown} API but in the WK2
we can do that inside webkit becasue we have ewk_context which is careted
before creating ewk_view.

In conclusion, my opinions are as follows,
- Use ewk_{init, shutdown} to do initialization. (because there is no
reason to rely on RunLoop and we already have ewk_{init, shutdown})
- Do not open ewk_{init, shutdown} as an API and just call in the
ewk_context. (in order to not force applications to call them)

How do you think?

I don't have any strong objection against moving the Ewk initialization
code to ewk_context. It is a bit less error prone and hopefully, the client
will not call any ewk function before a context initialized (either
explicitly or by constructing a view).

Kr,
--
Christophe Dumez