[webkit-efl] Project goals - was Fwd: Re: Re: [E-devel] Deprecating WebKit EFL 1

Gyuyoung Kim gyuyoung.kim at samsung.com
Wed Oct 31 00:36:24 PDT 2012

> > It might be too obvious for most of you by now that the primary goal of
> the
> > project is to aid browser development and that for browser development
> the
> > project recommends WebKit2, but I still think it is good to get a
> > confirmation on the list that this is the case - and perhaps document
> this
> > decision in the wiki. I think getting an agreement on this part would
> > further help us with the WebKit1 discussion.

I also think this is good suggestion. In the wiki page, we can list any
problems between WebKit1 and WebKit2.
(e.g. missing API, features, functionality or status on elementary and so
on).

> You are raising a valid and good point in my opinion. I don't know
> enough about the difference between WK1 and WK2 (as I learned about
> them only 3 weeks ago). But for an email client that want to display
> html mail properly and want to display many of them at the same time,
> what would be the solution that make more sense ? WK1 or WK2 ? This
> question can be asked with a RSS client and so on.

We don't ask application side any agreement or opinion about this yet. In
Tizen, it seems to me almost applications are using WebKit2,
but, personally, I'm not sure it yet. If we list these issues in the wiki as
well, I think it would help to talk this again in future,
as laszlo suggestion.

Gyuyoung.