[webkit-efl] Dropping support for the pango network backend.

ryuan Choi ryuan.choi at gmail.com
Wed May 16 22:02:12 PDT 2012

2012/5/17 Leandro Pereira <leandro at profusion.mobi>

> On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 8:37 PM, ryuan Choi <ryuan.choi at gmail.com> wrote:
> > If it is not used and maintained well, I want to create new bug for
> dropping
> > pango backend from webkit-efl port.
>
> Right now, we need the Pango backend for complex scripts. Unless
> Harfbuzz support is integrated properly, we can't drop Pango support.

Hello, leandro.

Does we only need FontPango.cpp for complex scripts?
I created Bug 83275 for it, but I got a comment that mixing backends looks
weird.
So I asked about pango backend to switch to always using freetype and
enable pango support for complex text.

What I really want is to support complex font on freetype backend by just
using FontPango.cpp.
If we still keep the option for pango backend, I want to use first approach
of Bug 83275.

Best Regards,
Ryuan Choi