[webkit-efl] Dropping support for the libcurl network backend

Raphael Kubo da Costa kubo at profusion.mobi
Wed Feb 1 08:44:22 PST 2012

Hi there.

We've supported building webkit-efl with both the curl and libsoup
network backends for quite some time.

By default, the port builds with the libsoup backend, the layout tests
(and the skipped list) assume the libsoup backend is used, and there is
code in ewk (ewk_cookies, ewk_network and ewk_auth, for example) which
only works in the soup backend.

Given all that, the fact that the #if USE(SOUP) clutter is growing and
the way these #ifdefs are causing bug 77341 to be more troublesome to
integrate than neeed, I'm inclined to drop support for the curl backend.

The only current drawback I see is that we'd force the dependency on
unstable GNOME libraries for things to work.

Thoughts? Does anyone desperately need the libcurl backend?

--
Raphael Kubo da Costa
ProFUSION embedded systems