[webkit-efl] I want to change *.c to *.cpp

Lucas De Marchi lucas.demarchi at profusion.mobi
Fri Sep 23 07:19:11 PDT 2011

Hi Ryuan

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 6:51 AM, Ryuan Choi <ryuan.choi at samsung.com> wrote:

>> I thought you would change all *.c and not just ewk_view_single.c and
>> ewk_view_tiled.c.
>
> I'd like to share patch to fix above issue.
> Now I'm waiting internal review for it.
>
> There are build break issues, so that I tried to not only rename but also fix breaks, pointer operator and cast.
>
> BTW, I realize that EINA_INLIST_FOREACH make build break with cpp.
> For now, I redefine EINA_INLIST_FOREACH.
> Should we need to fix it?

Damn C++ that doesn't allow the conversion from void* to type*. We
have some options:

1) Use "-fpermissive" flag and live with the warning (there doesn't
seem to be an option to turn it off in gcc).
2) Patch eina to provide a c++ version of the macro. This would mean
using typeof() though, which is a gcc feature. Looking at how it's
implemented, it would be very simple, just casting to typeof(ptr)
instead of to void*.
3) Use a different version of the macro in WebKit, like you did.
4) Don't do this conversion from c to c++. Ryuan, was this the only
issue of converting from C to C++?

I like option 2. I made a simple patch to eina that fixes it if we are using
C++, but I didn't committed it yet. I'd like to hear opinions from
others.

regards,
Lucas De Marchi