[webkit-dev] Site isolation platform code

Alex Christensen achristensen at apple.com
Wed May 8 14:32:46 PDT 2024

Hey everyone!  I’ve been doing a bunch of work on site isolation recently, and I’ve been doing my best to make all my changes platform-independent so it just works for everyone.  However, there are two places I could use some collaboration with other WebKit developers:

1. createNewPage in WebKitUIClient.cpp needs some hooking up of the API::PageConfiguration in a way I couldn’t figure out in the few minutes I looked at it.  This should be pretty straightforward to someone who knows the glib code better than I do.
2. We have a growing number of tests in LayoutTests/http/tests/site-isolation that exercise drawing code, which will take a significant amount of work to get implemented on non-Cocoa platforms.  A lot of changes are happening in this area right now with the adoption of Skia, and it would be great if it were done in a way that could support site isolation.

Thanks,
Alex