[webkit-dev] Removal of trailing whitespace

Anne van Kesteren annevk at annevk.nl
Thu May 4 08:05:44 PDT 2023

On Wed, Apr 12, 2023 at 7:20 PM Yusuke Suzuki via webkit-dev
<webkit-dev at lists.webkit.org> wrote:
> I agree that we should not do it because it pollutes change history of files, git-blame results, and review-diff in PR.
> But at the same time, I think there is no reason to add a new trailing whitespace via a new commit.
> It is nice if we can enforce this rule only for newly added code (via style-checker) not to add new trailing spaces.

As it appears this particular change has agreement from several
people, I created a PR that hopefully implements it:
https://github.com/WebKit/WebKit/pull/13441. This does not touch
.editorconfig as I'm pretty sure that always ends up applying to the
entire modified file.

I would like to thank everyone for their input and at the same time
apologize for the whitespace removal in my earlier set of patches.