[webkit-dev] Proposal on retiring JIT on Windows

Yusuke Suzuki ysuzuki at apple.com
Sat Mar 25 23:18:36 PDT 2023

The reason is that the patch is reverted because it broke Windows DFG. This is not acceptable to us since we have no EWS bots running tests.
Without active maintainers / EWS bots, we cannot land JIT changes since it can break Windows, and it becomes huge burden than before (previously there was a Windows EWS bot running tests).

This is unfortunate, but if nobody steps up as a maintainer of JSC JIT on Windows (it involves adding test-running EWS bots, bug fixes of JSC on Windows etc.), then I think only the solution is disabling this feature.

So, if we would like to keep it, we need someone who steps up as a maintainer of JIT on Windows, and setting up bots running tests on Windows on EWS.

-Yusuke