[webkit-dev] ENABLE macro placement between includes

Alex Christensen achristensen at apple.com
Wed Aug 2 22:51:40 PDT 2023

Our coding style says to include config.h, then the primary header, then other headers.  It does not say where to put any ENABLE macros in that list.

We have about 1700 places where we follow this pattern:

#include "config.h"
#include "RemoteSampler.h"

#if ENABLE(GPU_PROCESS)
…
#endif

We have about 350 places where we follow this pattern:

#include "config.h"

#if ENABLE(WEBGL)

#include "WebGLUniformLocation.h"
…
#endif

The less common pattern has the advantage of not needing to search the directory where the header is if the feature is not enabled, but I like the more common pattern more and I think it matches our style guidelines better.  Should we specify one or the other, or should we not specify this in our coding style?