[webkit-dev] Nicks in contributors.json

Anne van Kesteren annevk at annevk.nl
Tue Oct 25 00:10:24 PDT 2022

On Mon, Oct 24, 2022 at 11:07 PM Darin Adler <darin at apple.com> wrote:
> If they were consistently the Slack nicknames. But they often aren’t! The nicknames currently in there don’t necessarily match the Slack ones and obviously don’t match the GitHub account names. I wish these were more explicit about what they are! I had no idea that they were the ones still used in bugs.webkit.org. I would love to see the list of what name each person used on what service, email, bugs.webkit.org, Slack, and GitHub, if there was some economical way of doing it.

Presumably bugs.webkit.org is going the way of the dodo so that should
solve itself. Not sure what the timeline for that will be, but we can
wait with removing nicks until that happens.

For Slack we could have a dedicated slack field to capture the user ID
which would allow us to create a variety of "deep" links (e.g., to the
user's profile or to direct message the user).

We currently do not surface email addresses on the website, but we
could. Would it make sense to surface just the first email address
listed? (As with GitHub I would use an icon here so it shouldn't take
up a lot of space.)