[webkit-dev] Fw: Request for assistance

anonymousjune1935-webkit at yahoo.com anonymousjune1935-webkit at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 9 13:35:01 PDT 2022

 I believe this question belongs here. If not, please direct me somewhere else that may be more appropriate.
I'm using an Android app, that MAY use WebKit for it's interactions. Regardless, the app owners aren't particularly helpful, and suggested this is an "Android", or perhaps "GBoard" issue. I found my way to this mailing list via Edge open-source licensing acknowledgements.

This app suggests my user ID (redacted here), and an old password. I don't want this information saved, and I'd like to prevent it from being suggested. It's not saved in Edge passwords, nor GBoard storage, not app cache or storage.
Thanks in advance to any insight you can provide, either from a WebKit vantage point, or other developer's experience. If there is a programmatic control to prevent this behavior, I will gladly forward necessary changes to the cognizant app developers.

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android