[webkit-dev] Request for position on FedCM (was WebID)

Sam Goto goto at google.com
Fri Mar 25 11:16:49 PDT 2022

That's great to hear, Alex!!

On FedCM, any suggestions / recommendations on where to go from here? We
typically conduct our work at the FedID CG (and sporadically attend the
Privacy CG, so both are good options for us to work together) and I hear
that Tess is going through the requirements for Apple to join the FedID CG,
so maybe we can start by agenda+-ing sometime to hear from you all where
you stand on FedCM and gather early guidance / requirements at the Privacy
CG? Thoughts on where to go from here?

On Passkeys, we are ourselves super excited about passkeys and would very
much like to see it coexist and succeed with FedCM! We've been working with
Ken Buchanan, Adam Langley and Dirk Balfanz through the process of
developing FedCM to make sure there is alignment between the two (and so
far we believe there is a lot of synergy), but we never met anyone
externally about the intersection.

Again, any suggestions/recommendations on where to go from here? Would it
be useful to come by sometime to the FIDO/WebAuthn meetings and say "hi"
and go from there?

Sam