[webkit-dev] Deployment of new EWS Non-Unified builder

dpino dpino at igalia.com
Tue Jun 7 20:30:47 PDT 2022

On 6/7/22 01:39, Geoffrey Garen via webkit-dev wrote:

>> As such, I also think that the non-unified EWS being green should not be a blocker to landing a patch. But I think having it there for information will help the situation. At minimum, even if every engineer simply ignores the non-unified EWS, it also makes it easier for someone trying to fix a trim missing include build issue to scan through PRs to look for this EWS failure in order to narrow down on which patches (and therefore possible includes) to focus on.
>
> Is this the proposal on the table -- to have an EWS bot, but also not block patches on it?
>
> That's surprising to me, and not how EWS bots usually work. If we just want an optional record of where a particular build configuration started failing, Isn't that just... a not-EWS bot?

The post-commit Non-Unified build bot already covers this use case:

  - https://build.webkit.org/#/builders/133

This bot is useful to pinpoint which commit introduced a change that
broke non-unified builds. Although if it's not kept in good shape it
becomes less and less useful over time, as errors accumulate and mask
one another.

So the proposal is that the EWS Non-Unified bot should work as all the
other EWS bots do.

-- Diego